Springer publisher announced a release of a new book Emotions and Personality in Personalized Services linked here, edited by Tkalčič, M., De Carolis, B., de Gemmis, M., Odić, A., and Košir, A.
The book covers:
- Bridges personalization algorithms, such as recommender systems, with psychologically motivated user-centric concepts, such as emotions and personality
- Translates psychological theories of emotions and personality into computational models for use in personalization algorithms
- Surveys techniques for the implicit and explicit acquisition of personality, emotions, sentiment and social signals from sensors, mobile devices and social media
- Provides design hints to develop emotion and personality-aware systems
- Provides examples of personalized applications that make good use of emotions and personality