Dr. Matej Zajc, Professor
prof. dr. Matej Zajc is a Full professor at the Department for ICT, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. He teaches courses at bachelor and masters level in the fields ICT and multimedia. For his comprehensive teaching he received a Milan Vidmar award in 2015 awarded by Faculty of Electrical engineering. His research field covers telecommunications and information-communication technologies. Currently, he is mentor to four doctoral students in the field of communications in smart grids.
Prof. dr. Matej Zajc actively participates in activities promoting electrical engineering field and activities that promote engineering studies in the community. He is an active volunteer at IEEE, he was IEEE Slovenia Section Chair (2010-2013), Chair of IEEE Signal Processing & Circuits and Systems Chapter (2013-2017), and currently he is Chair of IEEE Education Chapter (2017 – ). For the last 9 years he is vice-chair of conference ERK (Electrical engineering and computer science conference in Slovenia), member of many organizational conference boards IEEE (MELECON, EUROCON, EDUCON, ENERGYCON, ICALT, etc.) and organizer of many events at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, as for example Erasmus+ BENEFIT Open Day (26.9.2018) and 12th international conference WSPLC 2018 (24.-25.9. 2018) with more than 80 participants.
- Modern real-time communication systems and services for Smart grids
- Multimedia systems and ambient intelligence
- Interactive technologies and technology enhanced learning
- Digital signal processing and algorithm engineering
- Benefit 2019 – Boosting the telecommunications engineer profile to meet modern society and industry needs, Ljubljana, September – Implementation of teacher training modules – advanced teaching methods – organizer of two-day workshop
- Intsikt 2019 -XV International Symposium on Information and Communication Technologies , Tuzla, June – Career Opportunities in Information Communication Technology Engineering – conference chair
- ERASMUS+ KA2: BENEFIT – Boosting the telecommunications engineer profile to meet modern society and industry needs (KA2 Capacity Building in Higher Education) (2017-2020) (link) – local coordinator
- IMPONET – Intelligent Monitoring of Power Networks – No. 09030/ aplikativno raziskovalni, EU-Eureka (2010-2013) – coordinator at UL
- PLC technologie for alternative intelligent networks and services – STELKOM (2010 – 2011) – coordinator
- ELU – Enhanced Learning Unlimited / raziskovalni, EU-FP6 (2006 – 2008) – koordinator UL